Update: I do not use Skrill anymore, nor do I recommend it as a payment method. We have other alternative payment grabbing systems now, like Payoneer, Wise, Direct bank transfer, etc. Skrill is mostly used by online gamblers now.
It’s been quite a hassle and confusing for Bangladeshi people to withdraw money with Skrill. Freelancers and other online entrepreneurs are looking for a good alternative to PayPal in BD. Though we can use the Payoneer card- the charge is a little bit higher and the conversion rate is not always good.
If you withdraw a good amount with a Payoneer card then you might get a good conversion rate. But still, it is costly. So, Skrill. can be your solution.
If you are working on oDesk or another freelancing site that supports Skrill. then you can use that as a withdrawing method. The process is simple.
01. Register an account with skrill.
02. Verify your address with mail verification. You can have the verify link in your Skrill dashboard.
03. Attach a bank account by its SWIFT code and your bank account number. You must have a bank account in any BD bank for that.
04. Now withdraw money in your Skrill account from UpWork or other freelancing sites.
05. Then when the fund is available in your Skrill account, withdraw the fund to your local bank.
You are done, it will take 4-7 days to reach the money in your bank account in Bangladesh.
01. Try to have a bank account in City Bank, BRAC Bank or Dutch Bangla Bank limited, they deal faster.
02. I have transferred in my BRAC bank’s account & I have heard some rumor that sending money to DBBL is kinda charge more.
03. I got the full amount in the market rate for dollars. Normally with a Payoneer account, this is not possible.
04. Swift code for BRAC Bank is: BRAKBDDH and for DBBL is: DBBLBDDH . You do not need to put more than that in Skrill. while attaching a bank account. I mean with the area codes.
05. Please verify your mailing address first, then withdraw money.
06. All the other bank’s swift codes can be found here: http://www.theswiftcodes.com/bangladesh/. Though I am not sure about other bank supports transferring money in this way, normally they should.
07. In total I spent $3.42 to withdraw from my Skrill account. That’s cheaper than any other method I can use.
So Skrill can be a great solution for Bangladeshi freelancers and I hope you won’t face any difficulties withdrawing money into your bank account. You needn’t go to the bank for a single time. Just use your card to withdraw from ATM once it is loaded into your local bank account.
I am a Blogger and Online Marketer. I started blogging in 2006 and since then I self taught myself "how to earn a decent income from online profession".
Currently, I am working as a freelance Web Designer and Marketing Consultant.
You can contact me for a schedule. Send me an e-mail at: [email protected]